Nanoscale Materials Chemistry
The Gorman group research interests include:
- Synthesis of new molecular, macromolecular, supramolecular and fabricated architectures on the nanometer length scale that are designed to display new behaviors.
- Investigation as to how structure controls properties using a variety of analytical characterization technique
Our current research activities in the group can be broadly divided into three main areas:
- Synthesis of new conducting polymer architectures and their use in all organic circuits
- Synthesis and characterization of polymers on surfaces that display dynamic behaviors
- Synthesis of new drug delivery vehicles that are tailored to permeate challenging, biological boundaries